El Tesoro de Don Felipe® tequila honors Don Felipe Camarena, the man who established La Alteña Distillery in 1937, where El Tesoro™ continues to be distilled today. El Tesoro™ tequila is “the treasure” of Jalisco, created in celebration of Don Felipe’s most precious asset: his agaves. Today El Tesoro™ is still made honoring the same traditional methods that have been passed down through generations. El Tesoro™ Reposado is aged in American oak ex-bourbon barrels for nine to eleven months. This careful process creates a sweet, complex and agave-forward flavor.
• Aging: Aged in American oak ex-bourbon barrels for 9-11 months
• Aroma: Smokey oak with hints of fruit, vanilla and dill
• Taste: Robust blend of oak and agave with smoke and pepper
• Finish: Pepper-forward with oak notes
• 2018 - Tequila Producer of the Year, International Spirits Challenge
• 2017 - Gold Medal, San Francisco World Spirits Competition
• 2017 - Finalist and 94 Points, Ultimate Spirits Challenge